Thursday 30 May 2013

Day 7

Last week!

Today we worked on our last scene!

The Clown Room

We wanted this scene to symbolise the young girl turning into an adult. We've progressively made the clown become more abusive throughout the play.

The clown room is going to start with the clown coming into the room, dragging the girl in with it. The girls pulls away and refuses, she'll say something like, "Let me go! I'm not scared of you!"

That's when the clown slaps the girl and she falls to the ground.

The clown says bad things to her whilst circling around her, such as, "You're not brave enough! You're not strong enough! Everything is wrong with you!"

At that point when I kick her, the lion (Peta) comes out and attacks me (the clown). As we've already seen in this performance during the Lion Room, the clown is quite scared of the lion. So, when she comes into the room, I'm already nervous. The lion scratches me on the face and I fall to the ground. Then, the lion pulls me up and throws me to the other side of the room. I hand over the teddy bear and run away.

Personally, I feel that the clown running away symbolises that growing up is not inevitable, and we can always stay young at heart.

Once the lion is gone, the lion becomes timid and gives the teddy bear to the young girl. The lion is timid because as we've already seen earlier in the performance, the lion is scared of people because of his bad trainers.

The young girl loves having the teddy bear back, but then she realises something. This whole Dream World journey has taught her that she doesn't need a teddy bear anymore, because she's not afraid of the real world, and she's not afraid of growing up.

She will make a speech along those lines (We're not exactly sure yet what she's going to say) and then she gives the teddy bear to the Lion.

The End.

Personally, I wanted the scene to end with the lion trying to save the young girl, but it's too late and the clown throws her off stage, and that was the end, symbolising that she's made her transition into adulthood.

But, I still think that this idea was good.

The next two lessons will be about polishing our performance and showing it to Miss Burley.

No comments:

Post a Comment